How does it work?
A skin care regime devised by Dr Zein Obagi to enhance the penetration of two presciption-only medicated creams; tretinoin and hydroquinone, into the correct layer of the skin where they can act most effectively.
Before and After
What does it treat?
Obagi Nu Derm is excellent for:
- Clearing brown marks and sallow skin
- Improving fine lines and wrinkles
- Clearing melasma (hormone related hyperpigmentation)
- Smoothing moderate lines
- Stabilising rosacea and acne
- Improving mild to moderately sun-damaged skin
- Tailored to your needs
- See your skin improve: Your progress will be monitored at regular intervals with studio quality photographs and complimentary consultations to ensure you are getting the best from your regimen
- Cost effective: Dr Fairris will use her experience to improve your skin as cost-effectively as possible. We offer very competitive prices for Obagi.
- Dr Fairris is also an Obagi Ambassador. She has won awards for her patient outcomes using Obagi
More information about Obagi Nu Derm®
Skin Care System
How long does it take to work?
- 8-12 weeks: pigmentation clears, rosacea or acne is controlled
- 9-12 months, improvement in fine to moderate lines, acne scarring and stretch marks.
- 4 years: continued use leads to further improvement
- Deterioration begins to be seen after 6-12 months if treatment is stopped
What is it?
- It is a skin care regime devised by Dr Zein Obagi to enhance the penetration of two presciption-only medicated creams (tretinoin and hydroquinone) into the correct layer of the skin where they can act most effectively.
What are the medicines?
- Tretinoin: This medicine is the active intra-cellular form of vitamin A which engages receptors on the cell’s nucleus and stimulates the cell to use its own processes to heal itself.
- Hydroquinone: This is the most effective pigment stabilising medicine so far discovered.
Why can't I use my own skin care regime with these medicines?
- Because they will interfere with the penetration of tretinoin and hydroquinone.
Can I use make-up
- Yes, you can apply mineral based make-up over the products.
What are the side-effects?
- Your skin will get a little red and flaky from time to time.
- The regime will be tailored to your individual skin to maximise the benefits while minimising the side-effects.
Why not use over-the-counter products instead?
- Compared with the obvious improvements possible with Obagi Nu-Derm, over the counter products are just not as effective.
Alternative and Combination treatments
Why Choose Wessex Skin?
Non medical consultations with our in house experienced therapist is free. Medical consultations with Dr Fairris require a £50 deposit to secure your appointment.
Your privacy is important to us.
We only use top-of the-range aesthetic products
All clinical treatments are carried out by a highly qualified and experienced aesthetic doctor
We aim for subtly, natural-looking results
On-site parking and close to J10 of the M3.
Are you interested?
Contact the Wessex Skin Clinic to book a complimentary appointment with Dr Catherine Fairris to discuss your treatment options today