How does it work?
A skin care regime devised by Dr Zein Obagi to enhance the penetration of two presciption-only medicated creams; tretinoin and hydroquinone, into the correct layer of the skin where they can act most effectively.
Before and After
What does it treat?
Obagi Nu Derm is excellent for:
- Clearing brown marks and sallow skin
- Improving fine lines and wrinkles
- Clearing melasma (hormone related hyperpigmentation)
- Smoothing moderate lines
- Stabilising rosacea and acne
- Improving mild to moderately sun-damaged skin
- Tailored to your needs
- See your skin improve: Your progress will be monitored at regular intervals with studio quality photographs and complimentary consultations to ensure you are getting the best from your regimen
- Cost effective: Dr Fairris will use her experience to improve your skin as cost-effectively as possible. We offer very competitive prices for Obagi.
- Dr Fairris is also an Obagi Ambassador. Dhe has won awards for her patient outcomes using Obagi
More information about Obagi Nu Derm®
Skin Care System
How long does it take to work?
- 8-12 weeks: pigmentation clears, rosacea or acne is controlled
- 9-12 months, improvement in fine to moderate lines, acne scarring and stretch marks.
- 4 years: continued use leads to further improvement
- Deterioration begins to be seen after 6-12 months if treatment is stopped
What is it?
- It is a skin care regime devised by Dr Zein Obagi to enhance the penetration of two presciption-only medicated creams (tretinoin and hydroquinone) into the correct layer of the skin where they can act most effectively.
What are the medicines?
- Tretinoin: This medicine is the active intra-cellular form of vitamin A which engages receptors on the cell’s nucleus and stimulates the cell to use its own processes to heal itself.
- Hydroquinone: This is the most effective pigment stabilising medicine so far discovered.
Why can't I use my own skin care regime with these medicines?
- Because they will interfere with the penetration of tretinoin and hydroquinone.
Can I use make-up
- Yes, you can apply mineral based make-up over the products.
What are the side-effects?
- Your skin will get a little red and flaky from time to time.
- The regime will be tailored to your individual skin to maximise the benefits while minimising the side-effects.
Why not use over-the-counter products instead?
- Compared with the obvious improvements possible with Obagi Nu-Derm, over the counter products are just not as effective.
Alternative and Combination treatments
Why Choose Wessex Skin?
A £50 deposit is required to secure your appointment but is redeemable against any treatment.
All clinical sessions are for people with cosmetic concerns.
We only use top-of the-range aesthetic products
All treatments are carried out by a highly qualified and experienced aesthetic doctor
We aim for subtly, natural-looking results
On-site parking and close to J10 of the M3.
Are you interested?
Contact the Wessex Skin Clinic to book a complimentary appointment with Dr Catherine Fairris to discuss your treatment options today